Skip to main content

Can I appoint the same person as executor (personal representative), trustee, and guardian?

Posted by attorney Barry Haimo

Barry Haimo, Esq., Haimo Law, Barry E. Haimo, P.A., (954) 246-3397. Florida Probate Law FAQs: Disclaimer:

Yes, you may appoint the same person to serve in all your fiduciary capacities; provided, however, that they are allowed to serve under Florida law.

"Planning with Purpose," Haimo Law ( can help you plan for and protect your family andyour business's interests for the immediate and long-term future. Together, we can take advantage of incredible tools and techniques that are available to you right now. Call us for wills, trusts, probate, asset protection and business planning. Haimo Law offers premium professional representation at an affordable price. Alternative fee arrangements are available upon request. We are reliable, approachable, honest, hard-working and attentive. Helping your family and business is our priority. We look forward to meeting and exceeding your expectations.

Additional resources provided by the author

For additional information, visit our website at We also have over 150 short videos answering your FAQ. Alternatively, you may certainly give us a call or email us at We'd be delighted to hear from you.

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?