Written by attorney Guichard St. Surin

Can custody/timesharing rights be modified in Florida?

Yes, it can be modified in Florida but, before doing so, there has to be a showing of substantial and material change of circumstances. Not only that, it has to be unanticipated. The court also looks at, is it in the best interest of the child to do so. If you can show a showing of substantial change in circumstances. Maybe the parent is not allowing you to see the child or the parent wants to move out of state. Then you can file a supplemental petition to modify a time-sharing and ask the court to do so.

Additional resources provided by the author

Please visit our website for additional information.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer