Written by attorney Joy Nicole Owenby | Aug 14, 2012

Can an out of state divorce decree be enforced in Florida?

Yes, an out of state divorce final judgment can be enforced and even modified in Florida, but you are required to be a Florida resident. If children are part of this enforcement/modification, they need to be Florida residents as well.

Rate this guide

Avvo child custody email series

Sign up to receive a 10-part series of useful information and legal advice about the divorce process.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer