California Workers' Compensation Law
If you get hurt on the job, your employer is required by law to pay for workers’ compensation benefits.
Workers' Compensation - Did you know?* Medical care must be paid for by your employer if you get hurt on the job*whether or not you miss time from work.
* You may be eligible to receive benefits even if you are a temporary or part-time worker.
* You may be covered by workers* compensation as an employee even if you are called an *independent contractor.*
#AskNikkiNow* You don*t have to be a legal resident of the United States to receive most workers* compensation benefits.
* You receive benefits no matter who was at fault for your job injury.
* You can*t sue your employer for a job injury (in most cases).
* It*s illegal for your employer to punish or fire you for having a job injury or for requesting workers* compensation benefits when you believe your injury was caused by your job.