What Is California DUI Injury
DUI with Injury is defined as driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driving in a negligent manner, and someone was injured as a result. If someone were killed, this would be prosecuted under Gross Manslaughter while Intoxicated.
Determining Factors of California Vehicle Code 23153
Before any case can be brought to court, there are factors of the crime that will need to be verified. DUI with Injury is no different, and these factors include:
· The offender was driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
· The offender was driving in a reckless manner
· Someone was injured as a result
Penalties and Fines for California Vehicle Code 23153
The fines and punishments for Burglary if convicted, include:
· Felony DUI with Injury subjects offenders to: Prison: up to 5 yrs | Fines: up to $5,000 | License Suspension: up to 5 years | DUI School: up to 30 months
· Misdemeanor DUI with Injury subjects offenders to: Jail: up to 1 yr | Fines: up to $5,000 | License Suspension: up to 3 years | DUI School: up to 30 months
It should be noted that felony or misdemeanor charges are determined by specific circumstances of the case, and the court will deliberate on these, before reaching a conclusion.
How to Hire a Law Firm forCalifornia Vehicle Code 23153
If you’ve been arrested for DUI with or without injury, you need a capable criminal defense attorney, such as MacGregor and Collins at 949-250-6097 to build the best defense. Some common defenses include that the driver was not intoxicated, and that the driver was abiding by the traffic laws instead of the reported negligence.
Are you new to the State of California and need to learn more about criminal offenses and their penalties? We have built a convenient resource center at the California Section Penal Codes Library.
DUI DUI defense DUI charges DUI arrest Misdemeanor DUI Felony DUI DUI school Driving under the influence of drugs Criminal defense Criminal charges Crime classifications Felony crime Misdemeanor crime Crimes against society Criminal charges for burglary Criminal charges for manslaughter Defenses for criminal charges Criminal arrest DUI accidents