California Penal Code 191.5 , Gross Vehicular Manslaughter While Intoxicated
What Is Gross Vehicular Manslaughter While Intoxicated?
Gross Vehicular Manslaughter While Intoxicated is defined as being intoxicated; operating a vehicle during this impairment; being grossly negligent; and that someone was killed as a consequence.
Determining Factors of California Penal Code 191.5 A
Before any case can be brought to court, there are factors of the crime that will need to be verified. Gross Vehicular Manslaughter while Intoxicated is no different, and these factors include:
· The offender had been driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
· The offender committed another offense, such as speeding
· The offender had been grossly negligent, and disregarded any safety for themselves or others
· Someone was killed as a result of the above actions
Penalties and Fines for California Penal Code 191.5 A
The fines and punishments for Manufacturing Drugs or Narcotics if convicted, include:
· Prison: up to 10 yrs | Fines: up to $10,000 | Victim Restitution | DUI School | License Suspension | Driver’s License Suspension
It should be noted that felony or misdemeanor charges are determined by specific circumstances of the case, and the court will deliberate on these, before reaching a conclusion.
How to Hire a Law Firm forCalifornia Penal Code 191.5 A
If you’ve been arrested for Gross Manslaughter While Intoxicated, you need a competent criminal defense attorney, such as MacGregor and Collins at 949-250-6097 by your side. Some common defenses for this crime include that the offender was not being negligent, or that the offender was not intoxicated at the time of driving.
Are you new to the State of California and need to learn more about criminal offenses and their penalties? We have built a convenient resource center at the California Section Penal Codes Library.