California Independent Medical Exams (IMEs) Exposed - Exploitation of the Plaintiff by Defense
This video summarizes what the plaintiff has to endure at the hands of a defense doctor at a California Independent Medical Exam - an "IME." Under California law, a defense attorney can have a plaintiff, who claims bodily injury, examined one time by a licensed physician of their own choosing in order to find possible weaknesses in the plaintiff's case. Often times, these so called IME's are used merely to exploit the plaintiff on things that have nothing to do with truth, fairness and justice as it does for protecting the insurance companies "bottom line."
Additional resources provided by the author
- California Independent Medical Exams
- Attending the IME | What to Expect
- Preparing the Plaintiff for the IME
- Defense Insurance Medical Exam | What to Expect for your Car Accident Case
- What is a California Independent Medical Exam (IME)?
- Video: Independent Medical Exams Explained
- FAQ: Do I have to Attend a California Independent Medical Exam?
- Attorney Attending Their Client's Independent Medical Exam
- What to do or Expect at your California Independent Medical Exam
- Auto Insurance Computer Programs used in California Injury Cases