Written by attorney Nadine Navarro

Bringing your family to live in the U.S. legally

Family-based immigration makes up a large percentage of the overall immigration to the United States. If you are a lawful permanent resident or citizen of the United States, you can sponsor your family to come live in the U.S. legally. However, there are limitations.

Additional resources provided by the author

For more information about petitioning family members, visit the website page on Family Petitions.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer