Written by attorney Derek L. Mace

Basic Rules about Property Division in North Carolina

Property division in North Carolina is called "Equitable Distribution" which lawyers refer to as "ED". Generally, each spouse is entitled to half the value of everything acquired during the marriage.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer