BAIL BOND MODIFICATION- Prosecutor Motion - NORTH CAROLINA
§ 15A-539. Modification upon motion of prosecutor.
(a) A prosecutor may at any time apply to an appropriate district court judge or superior court judge for modification or revocation of an order of release under this Article.
(b) A district or superior court judge may, upon motion of the State or upon the judge's own motion, and for good cause shown, conduct a hearing into the source of money or property to be posted for any defendant who is about to be released on a secured appearance bond. The court may refuse to accept offered money or property as security for the appearance bond that, because of its source, will not reasonably assure the appearance of the person as required. The State shall have the burden of proving, by a preponderance of the evidence, the facts supporting the court's decision to refuse to accept the offered money or property as security for the bond.
(c) Nothing in this section shall affect the legal rights of any surety on a bail bond, bonding company, or a professional bondsman.(1973, c. 1286, s. 1; 1975, c. 166, s. 27; 2005-375, s. 1.)
Additional resources provided by the author
- SERIOUS Felony Murder Manslaughter Defense Lawyer Attorney NC
- DWI DUI FELONY MURDER MANSLAUGHTER Attorney Defense - North Carolina
- DWI DUI License Revocation Information - Attorney Lawyer Defense
- NC DWI CRIMINAL & TRAFFIC BLOG
- NC General Statutes - BOND MODIFICATION STATUTE
- Should I go to Court Alone?
- Top 3 Things to Do If Arrested in North Carolina
- Criminal Defense "Lawyer of the Year" Charlotte NC 2017 - Best Lawyers - Criterion for Inclusion