BAIL BOND - Failure to Appear Sanctions - NORTH CAROLINA - LEGAL REFERENCE MATERIALS
§ 15A-543. Penalties for failure to appear.
(a) In addition to forfeiture imposed under Part 2 of this Article, any person released pursuant to this Article who willfully fails to appear before any court or judicial official as required is subject to the criminal penalties set out in this section.
(b) A violation of this section is a Class I felony if:
(1) The violator was released in connection with a felony charge against him; or
(2) The violator was released under the provisions of G.S. 15A-536.
(c) If, except as provided in subsection (b) above, a violator was released in connection with a misdemeanor charge against him, a violation of this section is a Class 2 misdemeanor. (1973, c. 1286, s. 1; 1983, c. 294, s. 4; 1993, c. 539, s. 301; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 14, s. 16; c. 24, s. 14(c); 2000-133, s. 3.)
Additional resources provided by the author
- Felonies & Serious Criminal Charges - North Carolina Legal Defense Attorney Lawyer
- Felony DWI DUI North Carolina - Attorney Lawyer Defense
- DWI DUI Revocation Hearings & Reinstatement - Law Attorney 704-342-HELP
- North Carolina Traffic Violations Help - Carolina Attorneys
- North Carolina General Statutes - Bond Bail Penalty for Failure to Appear
- I'm in Jail - Now What? Carolina Attorneys
- Hiring a Criminal Defense Lawyer Charlotte NC
- Bill Powers - Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyers in NC - National Trial Lawyers - Criterion for Inclusion