Written by attorney Dinh Tran

Automatic Acquisition of US Citizenship for Children Born Abroad

When does a child born abroad acquire United States citizenship at birth? The Immigration and Nationality Acts specifies several circumstances when a baby born abroad acquires United States citizenship at birth, assuming the baby’s parents are married.

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer