Written by attorney Maj Vasigh

Asset Seizures and Forfeiture in Hillsborough County, Florida and How to Get Your Stuff Back

The intent of the asset forfeiture statutes is for the State and Federal government to take the profits of criminals away to deter crime and help pay for law enforcement activities. Forfeiture statutes allow the government to confiscate privately owned property without compensation to owners of property. The type of property seized can range from cars to houses to boats to anything, really.

When you get a Notice of Seizure of Personal Property and Right to Adversarial Preliminary Hearing (APH), you have to request an APH within 15 days (State) or 10 days (Federal) to preserve your right to return of your property.

If the government attempts to seize your property, call a Tampa attorney as soon as possible after the seizure. You will be given a written notice of seizure and forfeiture by law enforcement.

To file a request in county court to challenge the seizure, your Tampa asset recovery attorney will file a written request by certified mail along with a copy of the notice to the government Attorney at the address listed on the notice of seizure.

Tampa law firm Maj Vasigh, PA frequently advocates on behalf of those people, even innocent owners not even charged with a crime, in order to recover their wrongfully seized property.

If you have any questions or would like to speak to an Attorney in regards to recovering assets seized from you in Hillsborough County, Pinellas , Pasco, Polk, Sarasota, or Manatee County, please call us at (813) 800-1111 to speak with one of our experienced seized property recovery attorneys. We will explain to you your rights and develop a unique strategy to fight for you and get your property back.

Additional resources provided by the author

Maj Vasigh, PA (813) 800-11111 101 N. 12TH ST #104 Tampa, FL 33602

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer