Written by attorney Robert E Wisniewski

Arizona Workers’ Compensation Benefits: What Are You Entitled to Receive?

Benefits from a workers’ compensation claim are limited, however, you can usually expect for the insurance to pay 100% of your medical bills. You will also receive a percentage of your lost wages to compensate for time off work.

Medical Benefits

  • You may be eligible to receive “active" medical benefits until the doctor believes your condition cannot improve any further, or is “stable."
  • If you have a permanent disability as a result of your injury, you may be eligible for both long term medical and monetary benefits for certain types of injuries.

Lost Wages

  • The amount that you receive for lost wages is dependent on whether your injury is considered a temporary total disability, temporary partial disability or permanent partial disability.
  • The schedule of impairment may vary throughout the claim process, which means that your compensation for lost wages could vary.
  • If you are suffering a temporary total disability, you will receive two thirds of lost wages for time lost while injured but depends on your annual wage during the year of the incident.
  • In a temporary partial disability claim, the injured worker will be entitled to receive two-thirds of the difference between the established average monthly wage and the wages that the injured worker is capable of earning within the medical restrictions.
  • An award for permanent partial disability is difficult to predict but could be several small payments or one large payment.

To get the full amount of compensation that you are entitled to receive, contact Workers’ Compensation Arizona lawyer, Bob Wisniewski, Esq. at (602) 234-8700 for a free consultation. Certified Specialist in Phoenix Workers’ Compensation.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo personal injury email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer