Written by attorney Cameron D. Simpson

Are there parties other than the at-fault driver against whom I can take legal action in...

In many cases there are. For example, the at fault driver may be working for a construction company, and that, and he's on the job in the course and scope of his employment, and you can file a claim against his employer and the employer's workers comp carrier to obtain compensation for the damages that had been caused.

Also, in many cases, you have a situation where there's a faulty traffic light or the road has been improperly designed, and you can file a claim against the parties that have contributed to that accident to cause the damages to you. So there's a variety of avenues that you have. And you're not just limited to the at fault driver.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo personal injury email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer