Written by attorney Marty Burbank

Are there alternatives for managing property when a person becomes incapacitated?

There's a few different ways to manage assets in case somebody becomes incapacitated. The best way, generally, is to use a revocable living trust, but other ways might include using powers of attorney or establishing a conservatorship, which is really the last ditch effort. That's where we have to go to court. If we can get a power of attorney in place or revocable living trust in place ahead of time, we can manage those assets much simpler and much less expensively.

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer