Written by attorney Carina Castaneda | Apr 20, 2016

Appealing a Criminal Conviction

Once you are convicted at a bench trial (no jury) or a jury trial, you have the right to appeal that conviction. A Notice of Appeal must be filed with the court 30-60 days following the judgment. This timeframe and all the timeframes that govern the appeals process require strict compliance.

Additional resources provided by the author

Rate this guide

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer