Skip to main content

A Police Officer wants to talk to me about an investigation he is doing. What should I do?

Posted by attorney Dennis Sullivan

If the officer is investigating a crime, you should immediately contact an attorney to intervene on your behalf. An attorney is in a better position to evaluate whether is is appropriate for you to give a statement. Remember, anything you say to the officer can be used against you. Do not bow to pressure tactics and promises made by law enforcement. You have the right to remain silent. USE IT.

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer