Written by attorney Thomas Patrick Gill Jr. | Jan 20, 2017

A large part of my husband's income is cash and is never reported. How do I get what I deserve?

Usually, when one spouse's income is mostly cash and unreported to the IRS, it is difficult to get what you deserve. However, in some cases the utilization of an expert witness such as a forensic accountant can assist us in determining an approximate amount of what your spouse really makes. However, there is no guarantee that you will get everything you deserve, as proving an exact amount of income is even difficult for a forensic accountant.

Additional resources provided by the author

Rate this guide

Avvo child custody email series

Sign up to receive a 10-part series of useful information and legal advice about the divorce process.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer