8 Important things to do if you are involved in a Car Accident
Car accidents are a high stress time, here are 8 things you need to do in order to protect yourself.
4 Tips During or At the Scene of the Accident
1. Take Pictures of the Scene, both Vehicles, and of any injuries. (You want your own pictures not pictures from the other insurance company.
2. Limit what you say to the Police, state only the facts (Just like everything else anything you say can and WILL be used AGAINST you)
3. Get names of Witnesses. (I know it's hard to do when you are hurt, but if a friend/loved one comes to render aid have them take note of any by standards.)
4. Even if you think you are fine get checked out by EMS or the ER. (Not doing so, Insurance Companies, 9.9/10 will say no injuries must have occurred and try to discount your claim.)
4 Tips After the Accident or when Filing a Claim
5. DO NOT give a statement to the AT-FAULT insurance company. (No Matter what they say, you are NOT required to give them a statement to file a claim. Know your rights!!)The at fault insurance company is NOT your friend. (They are trying to save money and protect their insured.)
6. REVIEW the accident report. (If something is incorrect speak with the officer immediately and have it amended. Yes this can be done.)
7. Get followup medical attention if you are injured, do not delay. (The longer you wait the more likely the insurance company will use this to say you were not really hurt.)
8. Seek legal aid as soon as possible. (The at-fault party has an insurance company protecting them, you need someone protecting your rights, and get what you are entitled to by law.)