10A NCAC 41B .0503 Approved Alcohol Screening Devices - North Carolina - DWI LEGAL REFERENCE
10A NCAC 41B .0503 APPROVED ALCOHOL SCREENING TEST DEVICES: CALIBRATION
(a) The following breath alcohol screening test devices are approved as to type and make:
(1) ALCO-SENSOR (with two-digit display), made by Intoximeters, Inc.
(2) ALCO-SENSOR III (with three-digit display), made by Intoximeters, Inc.
(3) ALCO-SENSOR IV, manufactured by Intoximeters, Inc.
(4) ALCO-SENSOR FST, manufactured by Intoximeters, Inc.
(5) S-D2, manufactured by CMI, Inc.
(6) S-D5, manufactured by CMI, Inc.
(b) The agency or operator shall verify instrument calibration of each alcohol screening test device at least once during each 30 day period of use. The verification shall be performed by employment of an alcoholic breath simulator using simulator solution in accordance with the rules in this Section or an ethanol gas canister.
(c) Alcoholic breath simulators used exclusively to verify instrument calibration of alcohol screening test devices shall have the solution changed every 30 days or after 25 calibration tests, whichever occurs first.
(d) Ethanol gas canisters used exclusively to verify instrument calibration of alcohol screening test devices shall not be utilized beyond the expiration date on the canister.
(e) Requirements of Paragraphs (b), (c), and (d) of this Rule shall be recorded on an alcoholic breath simulator log or an ethanol gas canister log designed by the Forensic Tests for Alcohol Branch and maintained by the user agency.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20-16.3;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. December 5, 1977;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2007; November 1, 2005; April 1, 2001; January 1, 1995; January 4, 1994; April 1, 1993; January 4, 1993.
Additional resources provided by the author
- Bill Powers North Carolina DWI Defense Attorney Lawyer
- North Carolina Administrative Code - Approved Devices ALCOSENSOR
- Criminal Defense Lawyers in North Carolina
- What You Need to Know About Ignition Interlock
- What is an Indictment in North Carolina?
- Top 3 Things to Do If Arrested in North Carolina
- Listen to Law Talk with Bill Powers - How to Get a Limited Driving Privilege
- Best Lawyers - US NEWS & WORLD REPORT - Bill Powers BIO