Skip to main content

"Should I use the FDCPA or FCRA when a debt collector has false credit reporting on me?"

You can actually use both the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to stop debt collectors from falsely reporting on your credit.

Find out when and how each can be used and the differences in what must be done before you sue.

Both laws are very helpful in fixing credit report errors and getting you money damages when collectors violate the law.

Hope this is helpful to you!

Rate this guide

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer