Skip to main content

Wrongly accused of fraud, what now?

Des Moines, IA |

My ex-girlfriends family is accusing me of taking out a payday loan back in 2010. They are saying my name was on the loan but the ex-girlfriends dad social security number was on the loan. Is that even possible? and what should I do? I called the payday loan place they claim it was at and they have no records of my name. I have had people calling my landlord and my work confirming where I live and work...but they won't call me back or tell me what's going on exactly. HELP!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Sounds like you are being harrassed more than anything else. If you didn't do anything, then ignore them. If the police come by though, immediately go see a criminal law lawyer and don't talk to anyone about any of this (including the police) until you do.

This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The law in your state may differ and your best answer will always come from a local attorney that you meet with privately. For a Free Online 50 State National List of Consumer Law Lawyers, click on this link ( and find one near you

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer