Wrongful Discharge ? or perhaps intentional emotional distress ?

Huntsville, AL |

I worked at the same place for 5 years and was terminated for drug use ? I don't even do drugs and was never tested . When the unemployment called my x employer . they got 2 different stories from the 2 owners as to my termination and DID in fact grant me my unemployment

I do not practice employment law in Alabama so you will have to consult with an employment lawyer in your state. Having said as much, it would appear that Alabama's law with respect to drug testing is very similar to that of CT & MA where I do practice. Did your former employer ever provide with a company employee handbook or written company policies and procedures? If so, that would be an excellent starting point, in addition to searching AVVO for a local employment law practitioner. In addition to examining the causes of action that you list, you will also want to examine whether you have been defamed by this employer. Good luck and best regards, Rob Fortgang - Employment Law Attorneys.

ROBERT FORTGANG ASSOCIATES, LLC - DISCLAIMER These materials have been prepared by Robert Fortgang Associates, LLC and are to be used for informational purposes only. These materials are not intended, and should not be construed as legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney–client relationship. Additionally, any submission or receipt of such information via any means of transmission does not create an attorney-client relationship. Internet subscribers and on-line readers should not act upon any of the information contained on this web site without seeking professional counsel. Please do not send us information until you speak with one of our lawyers and receive authorization to send that information to us.