Skip to main content

Writing response to a child support modification

Coconut Creek, FL |

I already paid child support for my daughter (18 years old) but my ex wife wants me to continue paying until she (daughter) finish high school. What should I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The answer depends on the language in the final judgment. Generally, child support will continue to the child's 18th birthday OR graduation from high school if the child will graduate before the age of 19 and is participating in good faith. In order to modify, there needs to be a substantial change in circumstances that was no anticipated at the time of final judgment. Consult with a family attorney in order to discuss the specific facts of this modification.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of Moser & Moser, P.A., pursuant to an executed employment agreement, you should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. Melissa Engle Peat,, 321-733-7303.


I agree with my colleague, and recommend consulting with an attorney.

Kind Regards



I recommend contacting Regina Hunter