Skip to main content

Would the judge let someone Drive Home from a ARD hearing?

Scranton, PA |

ARD entry program and hearing is in another part of the state. There is no option in terms of a driver or public transportation. Given that, if you still have a lisence, Could you drive and ask permission to surrender the lisence when you get home?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can ask but the judge may not allow it. Most counties require you to turn in your license at the ARD hearing. You should discuss this with your attorney.


Regardless if, when, and how you surrender your license or an affidavit that you don't have physical possession of a license, the actual license suspension does not officially commence until the time noted by PennDOT on the Notice of Suspension that they will send you. Credit against your suspension time does not begin until PennDOT has received your license or an affidavit. Checking with your attorney would be a good idea in any event.


Consider speaking to a local DUI lawyer, most will give you a free DUI consultation.

I am licensed attorney who focuses on Serious DUI Cases such a 2nd DUIs, 3rd DUIs, 4th DUIs, and Felony DUIs and DMV hearings. I also have much experience handling car accident cases. Although the information I provide is helpful, it is not legal advice. If your case is in California or Washington, you can call me for specific legal advice on your case free of charge. Although Avvo makes it clear to consumers that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship, some attorneys prefer to add their own disclaimers to answers. You can set your custom disclaimer here and it will be automatically added to your answers. Do NOT include any direct solicitations or contact information.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer