Skip to main content

Would my juvenile probation end when I turn 18? Or will it continue? If so, will it be on my adult record?

Indianapolis, IN |

I've been on probation for quite a while and I really have not done what the court had asked yet. I have no job or anything or ways to come up with money, I owe restitution to a business owner for doing damage to his property but have made no payments once so ever, and I probably won't be able to. What do I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

After 20 years in this business, I can tell you that a Court will not be impressed by "I can't," no matter what the circumstance. Believe it or not, any effort -- 10 - 20 bucks a month -- will be better than nothing. I know jobs are hard to come by, but this is no time for pride. Get a job. Any job. Start making payments. Do NOT keep waiting for the problem (probation) to go away...
Good luck!!

This answer is provided for informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Speak to an attorney in your area to protect your legal rights.


Probation will not terminate at 18. Come up with a way to at least pay small partial payments on the restitution.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer