Would my adoption trump temporary guardianship in california?from arkansas?

Rogers, AR |

i have POA,temp-guard and now permanent guardianship and still when i filed my PG in there court (california) i was told i had to get a court date fly out there and let a judge decide guardianship. far as im concerned my granddaughter is being kidnapped.she has been there since aug 18th with my permission.i didnt know filings where going on.she has brothers and sister here that are becoming traumatized over the fear they wont see there sister again.i found out i could adopt the kids in 30 days,also been told to fly out there and just pick her up.i only have 1000.00 to pick one of these options.so california lawyers any help or free consultations out there? another email emailtjox47@yahoo.com why are there different laws for each state.bio mom and dad of my grandchild want me to adopt my

You have a complicated situation. If you have a legal guardianship in AR, you should be able to get the Court that appointed you to speak with the CA judge where the CA guardianship is pending. There is a uniform act that addresses that issue. I am guessing that you may not be a court appointed guardians, but were nominated by a parent. That may be the problem. You also inquire about adoption. Adoption first requires that parental rights be terminated. In most states the parents who rights are being terminated gets court appointed counsel, you do not. I suggest that you speak with a local AR attorney first to see what your status is in AR and that attorney can file for instructions in AR assuming you have an AR case. You may qualify for pro bono representation. I suggest you contact a local legal aid provider of tr the State Bar association. If you do not have an AR case, you probably need to hire counsel in CA to address the issues pending in their court directly.

This response is not intended to create an attorney client relationship. The response is solely intended to answer the question presented. Additional facts and issues are unknown to the responding attorney. Should you still have questions, legal assistance should be sought by making an appointment to meet with an attorney, rather than attempting to resolve the issue via e mail. This response is merely provided to give direction to assist you in the decision of whether you should contact an attorney or not.

thank you so much for answering my question.my daughter was arrest 3-12-12, she appointed me as power of attorney,then temp-guard, and on nov 8th permanent guardianship.ive been told by several cal attorneys i have the court or to pick her up.my daughter still has sole custody of her children.it was me who let her go and visit the indajent bio-dad parents.,i need a california attorney probono asap. they cut all ties from me to my granddaughter,now my brother died 2 hours ago and im so broken down.im from long beach cal..can you help me find a probono lawyer?anyways if you cant thank you.i gave her a POA for 6 months in case anything happened,then she started lieing that if i didnt sign temp-guardianship for her in cal,angelina was going to cps,then another lie that because my grandaughter has been there since 8-2-12 the state of california will not let her leave the state.i would have to go out there to visit her.the last words were when i filed my perm-guardianship papers in medasto courts.all contact has been cut off.she is working in a work shop for her paper work.arkansas does not have anything like this.i did it myself and with the judges repect .i cant ,if any one can find me a probono ,i feel it would be a beautiful end to a christmas story.her siblings are being more traumatized.she cried to me saying grandma i like here but i want to go home.timeline 8-2 a vist,8-18 i had a small stroke and asked if they could watch her a little longer,i was not in my right might when i wrote a letter stateing she might be better off ,but i was so confused cause my daughter was going away for 10 yrs.but now it is 2 yrs with time served , first time offender, no proof of being a bad mother,.but ,now when she started lieing and i heard my my baby crying, i changed my mind on all of it.she has nothing permanent.i do.i just need a california lawyer !i can pay 100.00 a month.

i know lawyers probably dont think much on prayer,but i do, please just say a prayer with me....

Dara J. Goldsmith

Dara J. Goldsmith

I suggest contacting the Long Beach Legal Aid Foundation of Long Beach - Pro Bono Attorneys California 110 Pine Avenue, Suite 420 Long Beach, CA 90802-4421 Telephone: (562) 435-3501; best of luck to you.

the judge here and the judge in california awarded me full permanent guardianship over all my grandkids and order my granddaughter home to me.! thank you for this sight and its helpers.kudos go to d.

Dara J. Goldsmith

Dara J. Goldsmith

Congratulations, I am happy that you have your grandchild back. Enjoy the holidays.