Skip to main content

Would like to sue Texas Mutual Workers Comp. Insurance Co. for pain, suffering and emotional distress.

Dickens, TX |

My husband suffered a back injury 3+ years ago. Almost every course of treatment submitted to Texas Mutual has been denied, not to mention the limited source of good doctors that will take worker's comp. Worker's Comp. granted a doctor in San Angelo permission to perform a Mylogram. The doctor visited with my husband and told him that he could surgically fix the bulging disc causing nerve damage. The procedure was denied.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Your husband's remedy is likely only through the worker's compensation system. He should speak with a local workers compensation attorney about his situation.


You potentially have bad faith claim but each state is different so please speak with a Texas attorney that handles insurance bad faith to see if that would apply in your state.


Unfortunately, these are damages not paid under Texas workers' comp law. The only two benefits you get are medical and income benefits. I recommend you speak with a lawyer that handles WC cases or call the Division of Workers' Compensation in your local area.