Skip to main content

Would it be possible for me to sue my boss for wrongfully putting me through a termination process?

Montebello, CA |

My boss pulled me into a meeting with a union representative and told me I was fired for not showing up to work one day, I immediately realized he suspended me for attendance points on that day, making the whole meeting pointless, however he was so sure and eager to fire me he didn't check his records and had me removed from the system and now that I am working I am not able to receive my paycheck and I am currently without money with my accounts overdrafted and in a distressed mental state because of all of this, I don't want to take legal action because I fear for my job but is there anything I can do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The law does not permit employees to sue their bosses individually unless the boss has committed unlawful harassment. This one unfortunately circumstance would likely not qualify as unlawful harassment. Therefore it is very improbable that you could sue your boss and succeed.

I am not sure what you expect could occur, especially if you fear losing your job. The better course is to not show up late again and do what you can to rebuild a trust with your boss, not go to war with him.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.


I don't believe you have an action against your boss for "wrongfully putting you through a termination process." Perhaps you should talk to your union representation about the fact that you are working and not being paid.


No, you can't sue your boss in this situation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer