Skip to main content

Would it be in my son's best interest to file for 100% time sharing?

Pinellas Park, FL |

My son's father has been absent over half of his life (he's only 20 months). He keeps leaving the state months at a time. Even when he is here I feel like I have to force him to see our son. We constantly fight because I don't feel that it's in Jayden's best interest to send him with a stranger for the weekend and he refuses to do a gradual visitation plan with me. I've offered on numerous occasions that he can come to my house to visit with our son, but he's only shown up once. What should I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


100% timesharing should be limited to cases of abuse, neglect or total abandonment. Asking for 100% timesharing may send the wrong message to the judge, that message being that you are the one being completely unreasonable. If I may suggest a valid alternative, you may consider pleading for supervised visitation to start with a reasonable step up provision based on the amount of contact the father has had with the child. This reasonably protects the child's best interest without denying the father access to his child. I suggest you consult with a local Family Law attorney such as myself to discuss your case in further detail and learn all of your rights and options. Good luck.


Yes go for it. This is critical bonding time and if he is not around that hurts the child.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer