Skip to main content

Would it be in my best intrest to go to court with the insurance company against my claim

Atlanta, GA |

accident caused by opponet in court. My age (57) two tractors collision.Injuries include: Back injuries ,leg injuries and Depression

+ Read More

Attorney answers 9


There is not enough information for an attorney to give you an informed opinion here. You should either post more details and your question about things like who was determined at fault for the collision, how bad the crash was, what the diagnosed injures are, the treatment that you have undergone and prognosis for your future, lost time from work, etc., so we can provide you with general answers that may give you some guidance as to how to proceed, or you should take advantage of a free consultation with a good Georgia personal injury lawer who will consider the facts in more detail and give you a more detailed opinion. In general, the sooner you consult an attorney about your rights the better.

Good luck.


Your question is a little hard to understand but if your talking about going to Court and your insurance company then you likely have an attorney. You should ask your attorney this question. I know from personal experience of over a dozen civil jury trials, jury members do not like it when parties are not present. The jury members did not really want to be in Court all day but they are required to; they dont like to see parties skip out on the proceedings. Talk to your attorney though, if you saying the other person caused the accident, you will likely need to be there to support your assertions. Ask your attorney. Good luck.

I am an Arizona attorney. AVVO does not pay us for our responses. Simply because I responded to your question does not mean I am your attorney. In Arizona a non-lawyer is held to the same standards as an attorney so there are dangers to representing yourself. This is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. If you require legal assistance an in depth discussion of your case is needed as there are many other issues to consider such as defenses, statute of limitations, etc.


There is simply not enough information to answer this question properly. If you have an attorney than he/she is the one you should sit down with and discuss this matter with. There are so many variables to a case it is not possible for anyone else to advise you without reviewing your entire file and knowing all the facts. Who better than your attorney? Good luck

You should consult an attorney in your State at once. This response does not constitute legal advise outside the State Of Michigan and is not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship with our offices. It is for informational use only of the general laws in the State of Michigan, only. To retain our offices, you need to sign a contingency contract with us. We do offer free consultations and we can refer clients to lawyers in your State if you call us. Visit our webpage and tell us what you think.


The only person who can tell you what to do is someone who has seen your medical records, insurance documents, accident reports, etc. If you don't already have one, you need a lawyer.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.


You need an attorney in this matter. Do not try to do this by your self. There is no way you can get what you need for legal advice and information in this format. Get you an attorney. Please call me at 404-636-6616.


Most likely. Trucking companies have money and play hardball. Im experienced in trucking cases. See and look for my $3,000,000 jury verdict against USA Truck, Inc in federal court in 2007. Call me at 706-829-6229 asap.


Easy answer to this one: NO WAY. Hire the best attorney you can find, and protect yourself from possible future medical problems and disability.


Cases involving tractor trailer are different than any other type of collision case. There are special rules that apply to tractor trailer companies and their drivers that need to be investigated. While police usually do a good job with investigating motor vehicle accidents, sometimes they do not pay attention to these differences because these special issues may not be relevant to their investigation. It takes an attorney that is familiar with trucking cases to accurately investigate any claim involving tractor trailers. We used to truck drivers and know the ins and outs of these cases and how their insurance companies think. Regardless of who you decide to talk to about your possible claims, be sure that they know these important differences.


You should have a lawyer review your accident report, medical records, and discuss the case with you. The lawyer after being better informed can then advise you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer