Skip to main content

Would I have any type of legal recourse should I deny an offer and they deny a reasonable counter-offer?

Atlanta, GA |

I have been displaced from my home (apartment) twice in the last three months, two different apartment units in two different buildings, on the same property, due to mold issues. I am deathly allergic to mold and have in the last six months been hospitalized for it. The complex has stated that they will compensate me justly for this 'endeavor'. I was offered six weeks of rental incentives for remaining on the property in the repaired unit. If I were to vacate the property, I have been offered $1500.00. The fees incurred with moving six months earlier than anticipated would reach well beyond this offered amount. I have drafted two counter offers addressing both scenarios. My drafts are itemized lists, with supporting documentation, which exceed the offers that have been presented.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you cannot reach a settlement agreement, you will be in the exact same position as you are now (minus the hope of reaching a settlement agreement). Thus, you will have the same legal recourse regarding the underlying issue as you currently have. (Note, the attempts at settlement cannot be used as evidence in a court proceeding.)

I hope this information helps answer your question(s).

~ Kem Eyo

The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship between the individual posting the question and the attorney providing the answer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer