Skip to main content

Would i be eligible to apply for the new immigration law that is being passed by the government?

Little Elm, TX |

I'm 20 years old , I went to the U . S . legally with a 10 year tourist visa in 2002 with my family when i was 10 years old . We stayed there past our 6 months permit and lived there until July 2011 . During the time i lived in the U . S . I finished middle / high school , started college , and was even considered a Texas resident for education purposes , through a state law that allows undocumented students to apply for higher education as well as financial aid . I also worked during the time i lived in the U . S . and declared my income taxes . then in July of 2011 I returned to my native country only to find out 1 . 5 years later that Obadiah passes a legalization law for immigrants that reside in the U . S . I would like to know if I'm eligible even though I'm no longer residing in the U . S .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You have been outside the US for too long to qualify for deffered action.


You do not appear to be eligible for DACA.

Answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.


Unfortunately based on your facts you do not qualify for DACA.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.



isn't there another law that is passing in 2013 for the new immigration reform, different from the DACA?

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar


Yes, hopefully comprehensive immigration reform. But it will help the illegals inside the country, not those who left.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer