Skip to main content

Would I be denied a Chinese, Japanese, or Taiwan work (or travel) visa (or naturalization), because of my US criminal record?

Painesville, OH |

Starting about 7 years ago, and ending 8 months later, I got into legal trouble several times (all while attending a community college).

1. The first was a disorderly conduct (with an unknown tacked on criminal trespass), for refusing to comply with orders of a police officer after being loud in a bar's lot.
2. Two months after the first incident, I found myself without a residence. I ended up with a dui after getting into an argument with the bartender I had given my keys to earlier, who told me to leave.
3. Finally, I made another alcohol related mistake of 'walking' to a store to purchase alcohol after already drinking. On the way back to my brothers apartment, a police officer stopped me about a block and a half away and charged me with disorderly conduct and having an open container.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The people are on this site are US attorneys. You need to consult attorneys in whichever country you wish to work in for advice.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Here on Acco we only deal with US laws. Your questions should be posed separately to immigration lawyers of each of the 3 countries you have in mind.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


You should confer with an attorney that practices law in the countries you plan to visit.


Robert Brown LLC
1476 W. 9th Street, Suite 800
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer