Skip to main content

Workplace violence restraining order for spouse of former worker

Los Angeles, CA |

A friend of mine has been served with a TRO for Workplace violence. They are the spouse of a former employee of that corporation. They documented several emails and text messages (and witnesses) who were exposed to harassment and anger ridden inflammatory emails by the said friend.

Should she take a lawyer to the hearing ? She said there are no witnesses that she can bring with her. What happens if a corporation seeks a TRO and then wants to convert it into a PRO ? Will they come through ? What are the consequences on her future employment of all this ?

One little nugget of information that is quite interesting is that the spouse of my friend (the actual employee) signed a declaration to the court stating that she bought a knife into his workplace with a threatening note for all

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You asked the same question twice. Your question is confusing but one thing is for sure: This is not your case. It is your friend's issue. Your friend should be discuss this matter with an attorney. Too few facts are available here to give you a definitive answer.



My friend is low income. Ergo, the question here.


Your friend should get an attorney Nobody knows what will happen but only police can get an emergency protective order.

This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation. Call us for more information. 619.797.5456

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer