Workplace: Sexual Harassment How to protect from false allegation / written contract

Atlanta, GA |

I work in a company. Me and my one of the employee have developed attraction for each other. I am her manager/ employer and she is my subordinate. We are planning to have consensual physical relationship with out marriage. But, my concern is if things go wrong in the future , I do not want to falsely get charged with sexual harassment and no body should able to allege that i used my position as manager/ employer to pressure her or forced her to have sexual relationship. I am thinking about having a sort of written contract which both of us will sign which will protect me from false allegation in the future. Off course I want to do it confidentially.

This is a very precarious situation that you are about to enter into, fraught with potential litigation if it goes sour. I would get some advice from a local employment law attorney before you do anything. The Avvo website has a "Find a Lawyer" tab to assist you in your search.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis.

Consensual sexual relationships do not constitute sexual harassment. When physical relationships are involved, sexual harassment is defined as making employment benefits conditioned on sex. For example, if a supervisor offered a promotion or a favored assignment in exchange for a sexual act, that would constitute sexual discrimination.

Having your subordinate sign a contract would not insulate you from getting into trouble. If your subordinate accuses you of sexual harassment, your employer can still terminate you.