Skip to main content

Workmans comp on a previously injured area even if you are cleared to work. What happens if this does happen at work?

Las Vegas, NV |

I work in a restaurant and have lower back issues. I have tried to get them to honor some reasonable accommodations at work but they have refused everything and put me on leave. I had no choice but to ask my doctor if he feels I may be able to go back. After consideration, he cleared me, but warned to be careful. The very first shift I aggravated my lower back causing me to go to the restaurants clinic. They gave me some meds and took me off for the weekend. At follow-up, this Dr said it does not look good and took me off for a week pending another follow up. The workmans comp person contacted me, stating they know I have a previous injury and they want all my dr's info, mri's etc. Am I able to get workmans comp now or what happens? I need help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


In many states, as long as your job has made a pre-existing condition worse, or created a greater need for medical treatment than before the current "injury," then you have a legitimate claim. Find an experienced workers comp attorney in your area by clicking on the link above for Find a Lawyer.


If it was aggravated. Retain a local wc lawyer. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer