Skip to main content

Workers comp in NJ and Fibromyalgia diagnosis

Princeton, NJ |

Had years of pain from job- initially took it as overworked muscles and strains. Even company's doctor down play that my issues are not substantial. Had tests that did not reveal anything substantial If the diagnosis comes back as Fibromyalgia by my personal doctor will workers comp deny my claim? Does NJ recognize Fibromyalgia as ADA illness?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The ADA has NOTHING to do with Workers' Compensation. If you are diagnosed with work-related fibromyalgia, you need to consult a local Workers' Compensation attorney.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links:


You should get an Attorney, because psychiatric and fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue claims are difficult to diagnose, and almost uniformly denied at the onset. You will need legal AND medical assistance if you choose to proceed with the proposed diagnosis.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.


Industrial disease claims are typically harder to prove-up when compared to industrial injuries. It has been my experience that comp insurers vigorously fight such claims. You need to meet with a skilled work comp attorney in your area, and don't delay.