Skip to main content

Work Experience for H1B qualification

Sunnyvale, CA |

Would i qualify for an H1B if I have 5.5 years of full-time and 2 years of part-time progressive work experience in the same field? Most of this experience had been obtained outside the USA and can be supported by experience letters from employers and will certainly be passed on to a credential evaluator per USCIS guidelines, but I wanted o check if the part-time experience would also count.

I am also pursuing a graduate degree program in the same field and should have completed 3 semester of coursework by the time my employer files for an h1B. Clarification: 4 years part-time instead.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Only full time work counts.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Mr. Behar is correct. Only full time work is covered.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I agree with my colleagues. Only full time work counts for H1-B purposes.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer