Wondering again if my past will disqualify me as a professional guardian. All legal issues have been resolved. Record below.

Tampa, FL |

I got a DUI in July of 2007, and was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident in June of 2010. This is all - no issues of abuse or fraud. Tallahassee can't make a decision until I complete everything, which involves much expense - money, time, and effort.

And I'm advising you, again, that the decision as to whether or not you will be licensed will be made by the administrative powers that be in Tallahassee pursuant to their licensing guidelines.

If the State of Florida denies your pending application then you will have an appellate / review process available to you. If your application is not yet pending then you should consider asking an administrative law attorney to review it beforehand. Either way, pleading your case here, on Avvo, will not help you to achieve your objective.

The administrative board that determines who is a professional guardian can take a number of factors into account. I would be surprised if they completely disregarded a criminal record. That being said, if you are willing to go through the time and expense, it may pay off.

Any answer given is for general reference and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. For a more detailed answer based on the facts of your case, contact Greater Tampa Law, P.L. at (813) 444-2244 for a consultation. www.greatertampalaw.com

You adeptly point out that there is no fraud or abuse involved, which is a major factor in these applications. It's possible that they are waiting to see if you successfully complete probation. Technically, you can violate probation and go to jail, so it's understandable that they want to wait. Best to obtain counsel familiar with these licensing issues. You may also seek an order from the court terminating your probation early based upon your completion of all other terms and conditions. Good luck.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Consult a local attorney who is familiar with administrative licensing matter such as yours - many attorneys offer free initial consultations

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.