Skip to main content

Witness lied in felony case that ruined my life

Mesquite, TX |

18 years ago when 17, I was charged and convicted of sexual assault. It was at a party hosted by a older lady who was dating my younger friend at the time. The lady (Donna) who hosted the party lied on her police report because the victims mother made her. The victims mother had told Donna that she would press charges for contributing to minor (her daughter) and have her arrested if she did not tell the police that she visually saw me having sex with her daughter. So Donna lied, I never could prove it till as of late. And I was wondering what would happen or even if I could possibly file any kind of law suit against the parents or the witness who lied Thank you for you time and input.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Contact a lawyer to file a post conviction writ based on newly discovered evidence and actual innocence.

As far as the civil suit goes, you may be able to sue for malicious prosecution and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

You need at least one good lawyer if not a couple.

Joseph Vinas answers questions on Avvo for general information and not as legal advice. Those answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. Please contact Mr. Vinas at (713) 229-9992 for a FREE CONSULTATION or visit his website at

J. Scott Novy

J. Scott Novy


Statute Of limitations may have run on civil suit.