Will traveling out of the US while waiting for employment auhtorization as spouse of E1 visa holder affect the EAD processing?

Washington, DC |

Hi,
I plan to move to the US with my husband who will be on an E1 visa.I plan to apply for employment authorization (I believe it is called I-765) upon moving there.The current processing time for EAD seems to be 3 months.I might have to travel out of the US for a week during EAD processeing.One of the things to be submitted with an EAD application is the I-94 obtained on arrival to US.Since I need to turn in the I-94 if I leave the US for a week,I have heard that the USCIS could assume that I have left the country and automatically cancel the EAD processing.Could you please let me know if this is the case?Is there a way I can safely travel or should I not travel out of the US at all during EAD processing?Any advive will be appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance for your help.

The USCIS will not cancel the processing of your I-765 application if you leave the U.S. while the application is pending.

Your EAD will not be cancelled when you travel.

Goodluck.