Skip to main content

Will there be any issue with my replacement EAD card ?

Rochester, MN |

I received my first / original EAD card with a misspelled name . My employer pro actively applied for a replacement card , but they checked the renewal option instead of the replacement option . They mentioned that they have explained the error and sent back the erroneous card along with the application and there would not be any issues . I've additionally expedited my request based on USCIS error . Would checking the renewal option cause any issues with my case ? If yes , can something be done before hearing from USCIS ? Please advise . Thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


It should not


It is a possibility.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


It shouldn't but it's a bit too late now. You'd have to wait until the USCIS sends a receipt before you could start to make a correction - if that's even necessary.

My answering this question does not form an attorney-client relationship. Always retain a qualified attorney before taking any action. My office offers free consultations.


So long as the error is obvious and the mistake properly explained it should be okay.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


I agree with Maina and Randolph.