Skip to main content

Will there be a second dmv hearing if I was found guilty in trial but not in the first dmv hearing ?

Durango, CO |

I had a dmv hearing prior to my criminal trial in which the officer never showed up so they let me reinstate my license . Then I went to trial and was found guilty of dwai . Will there be another dmv hearing because of the verdict of the trial ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


No. The conviction will be reported to the DMV and if the DWAI conviction along with any other conviction for traffic offenses or infractions causes you to exceed the allotted number of points then you will face a suspension of your driving privileges for excessive points.

Also, if you have a prior criminal conviction for DUI or DWAI within 5 years of this offense, then you will lose your license for one year. But if neither of these two scenarios apply to you, then you will not lose your license. Either way, there is not another hearing.

The Orr Law Firm, L.L.C - 303-818-2448 - Is Colorado's Premier DUI and Criminal Traffic Defense Law Firm. Rhidian Orr is the senior partner and owner of the firm and focuses his practice exclusively to DUI and criminal traffic matters in the state of Colorado. His decision to answer your questions does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. The Orr Law Firm offers FREE Consultations and we encourage that you contact his firm to discuss your case in more detail.


No. For the reasons that Mr. Orr expertly laid out in his answer.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.


Thre will be no second hearing.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


I would agree with Mr. Orr's response. I would just add that if your license would be suspended due to points, you would be entitled to a hearing.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer