Will the traffic violation appear as an arrest at the jail or just remain as a fine at jp court after the DWI EXPUNGED?

Beaumont, TX |

This is for an arrest of DWI and a Faulty Brake/Equipment (traffic violation). If the DWI is dismissed from a county court and the traffic violation is paid (convicted) at the jp court, THEN the DWI is expunged will the traffic violation show an arrest (at the jail) or just the paid fine (at the court)?
Im thinking the arrest was for the DWI, not for a simple traffic violation so after expungement of the DWI I want to know if the traffic violation is considered just a ticket at the court or is considered a freestanding arrest (even though its just a traffic ticket)

thanks

I think you are misunderstanding the way criminal records read. As I stated before, if you took a conviction on the ticket it will show on your record that you have been convicted of that violation. Typically the record will not specify that you were arrested. However, because you were arrested, it is certainly possible.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

So would it come out in a criminal background check since the only thing remaining was the traffic ticket?

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Maybe this is a better way for me to say this. Criminal records list offenses, not arrests.

If you are charged with DUI you should immediately consult with an attorney. Our Top Maryland and Top Virginia DUI attorneys require you to bring all paperwork at the intial meeting. The best DUI lawyers in Maryland and Virginia handle the underlying tickets and the DUI. If you plead guilty to the other traffic citation or paid that fine it will not be expunged.

Jonathan N. Portner, Esquire, Portner & Shure, P.A. Maryland and Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys. This response is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This response should not be relied upon. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm

thanks, I already got the paperwork to get the DWI expunged but am wondering if that will get rid of the ARREST. I dont really care about the traffic ticket persay, just wondering if AN ACTUAL ARREST will end up showing after the DWI expunged (since the court just signed the order) thanks

Edit: And by ARREST i mean after the DWI is expunged will the jail reflect any ARREST for the traffic ticket (since the ticket was not eligible for expuntion) thanks

If the DWI arrest was expunged correctly, I would expect your arrest record to be clean, however the Class C ticket would still appear as a citation issued.

Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
1205 Rio Grande St.
Austin, TX 78701
(512) 369-3737

The traffic violation would show up on the driving record, as a fine was paid instead of a deferment fee or special assessment which would indicate that the traffic violation was deferred and subject to the same expunction as the DWI arrest after dismissal.