Skip to main content

Will the court be willing to appoint a court receiver after a company has gone through liquidation to secure abandoned assets???

San Francisco, CA |

I am currently a creditor in a business bankruptcy...and there maybe debtor's inventory that may be of more value to me than the bankruptcy trustee. So my question is.....

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Was the debtor a corporation? Is the case closed?
If the Trustee has already abandoned the asset ... you should have received a Notice of his intent to do so and you had an opportunity to object. If the case is still open (and, as you have implied, there are assets to be liquidated) you have the right to contact the Trustee and offer him what the inventory is worth to you. If the debtor is a corporation, the debt to you has not been (will not be) discharged and you retain whatever civil remedies you have to retrieve the inventory from the corporation.


I agree with Mr. Whitaker. Contact the Trustee ASAP. You may be able to recover your inventory at a bargain price. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.


File a proof of claim if you received a notice of assets, and contact the trustee to bid on the items that have value to you.

Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Manuel Alzamora Juarez


I agree with Attorney Walton's answer!!!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer