Skip to main content

Will the child support be increased?

Pottstown, PA |

My child's father pays child support and we are going back for a redetermination hearing soon since we haven't gone in four years. I no longer work, I am a stay at home mom and started a new family with my significant other. Will I get an increase even though I no longer work? My child's father seems to think I'll get in trouble for not working.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I am sorry that you are going through this. The court may or may not increase it, alot depends upon a material change in circumstances, need and they may consider your ability to work. Take care and hope that things work out.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.



Thank you. I am able to work, but we decided I should be a stay at home mom. It's just frustrating that my boyfriend pays far more for my child than his father does.


Speak to a local family court lawyer for a consultation.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or