Will that shorten my wait time or extend it for approval?

Alameda, CA |

I called and spoke with an ISO, my I-130 just got transferred from NBC to San Francisco local field office on 1/10/13. My priority date from my receipt was 11/19/12

I am a US citizen (age 29) and married my wife (age 25) on 10/9/12 in Taishan, Guangdong China.

Best Answer

Since it is at the local office it should speed up the adjudication (decision).

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

How long do you think it will take now that it has been transferred over there?

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

A matter of a few weeks to a couple of months. Generally interviews in SF take place within 3-5 months of filing.

thanks!

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

You are welcome. Good luck.

I agree with Samuel. It should speed up the process.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Unless there are red flags and the file has been transferred to the local office for you to be called in for an interview.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

I don't think there will be red flags. My case status is still under current review.