Skip to main content

Will some one in the military get in trouble knowing he has someone pregnant and the new girl is also and he plans on marrying.

Fayetteville, NC |

I was dating a guy in the airforce. I found out I was pregnant in jan told him and he starting dating his ex wife and she is now pregnant and they plan on remarrying. Will he not get into some kind of trouble with the military for being married and having another pregnant?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


According to your question, he was not married when you became pregnant, so no. He will be required by regulation to support your child, but you should also see a lawyer in your area for assistance with setting up a child support arrangement.



No law against fathering children.

There should be one for irresponsible morons like the guy you dated, but there aren't.

See an attorney as your pregnancy progresses to discuss paternity and child support matters.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.


If the Airmen was not married then, no, he has done nothing illegal under UCMJ as it relates to Adultry. But, you would be wise to seek a family law attorney to ensure you get appropriate child support.


Consider that as well as monetary payments, your child will be able to receive medical care via his military medical insurance. Having children is expensive and their initial medical appointments and needs can add up! Although you may be upset, resolving this issue with the assistance of an attorney and as amicably as possible can be a huge weight off your shoulders.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer